Saturday, March 24, 2012

Creations by Lourd Ramos Salon: Review


Okay so I know I'm known for patronizing Korean salons (since they get how to do my bangs right) but I have always wanted to try out Creations by Lourd Ramos, because of the glowing reviews made by several bloggers. Plus their haircut is more affordable at P300 than my usual haircut, so what the heck, I trooped on over and got myself some things done!

Well I was really planning to just get a haircut, but the color was priced at only P2000 for long hair, so I thought I should probably get my hair colored professionally, considering that it hasn't been coloring evenly due to that squid ink dye job I got back then.

The salon is pretty small, don't expect a huge one, but it makes up for its size with its cozy interiors:

I loved the minimalist white chairs (which were pretty comfy) and the design on the wallpaper!


I didn't like the shower area that much though, its pretty hard for someone short like me to put her head back. Nangangawit ako!!! Its better I think if you had to lie down? I'm not sure though, I think they should work on this.

The over-all experience though was great! I was given a lot of attention and they carefully listened to what I wanted. I initially wanted a red color but then they told me they needed to pre-lighten my hair. But I had to rule that out because it would cost me an additional P1,500. So what the stylist did was try to match my current hair color and try to make it even.

Unfortunately that didn't work! But what was totally great was that Lourd Ramos (himself!!!) came to check on my hair, found it unsatisfactory, as it was all two-tones, and had my stylist pre-lighten it--for free!

So all in all, I wasn't disappointed with how the color turned. I would definitely give this salon an 8.5/10 for its service. By the way, the massage while your getting your hair rinsed during hair color is divine! I almost fell asleep.

The only other thing though is that I wish they would include the hair treatment with the hair color, because my hair was left feeling dry and rough. I think that's a problem I have when I get my hair colored in salons. Unlike home coloring, they usually include a conditioning treatment to make it soft.

And...here's my final look!

I had my layers fixed plus got bangs! Those are suppose to be full frontal bangs but it was kinda hot so I pushed them to the side.

I love how even the color turned out! Total damage was P2000 (hair color) + P300 (haircut) = P2300. Pretty reasonable considering my hair is all even now.

Below is a list of their other services:



Creations by Lourd Ramos Salon is located at 3rd flr, Glorietta 5, Ayala Center, Makati.

2 comments:

  1. hi there~ thanks for leaving a comment on my blog xD~~
    btw I looove your final look! you look cute with sideswept bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! love reading your reviews, i really want to go back to wearing circle lenses but its such a hassle because i have astigmatism--too expensive to buy the toric kinds!

    aaw thanks for the compliment!:D

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)