Sunday, January 20, 2013

Urban Decay's NAKED 2 Palette Review

I know there are have been plenty of reviews out there regarding this palette. But really, what's one more rave, right? Just goes to how wonderful this palette really is!

I got Urban Decay's NAKED 2 palette as a graduation present from my aunt. I was so excited to open it up, it was all sturdy and shiny in its packaging! The palette also has gorgeous colors which prove that neutrals are not boring.


What Urban Decay says:

You demanded it--more NAKED shades to obsess over. This latest collection of twelve never-boring neutrals (5 of them NEW!) in matte, shimmer and glitter textures expands your range of sultry looks.

The NAKED 2 palette comes with a double-ended full size Crease & Shadow Brush, which is very handy.

The Shadow brush end is a nice flat brush with soft bristles. Its very handy in applying color directly to the lids.


The Crease end was very fluffy, love using this to blend all the colors together.

The palette also comes with a Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked. Its a lip plumper and has a cooling effect when applied to the lips.


The shade is a pinky neutral, perfect for pairing with those smokey eyes you can create with this palette!


Let's get on with the palette! Its encased in a thick brown casing, feels sturdy and not too bulky. The casing is still slim enough to be brought on trips, but I doubt you can bring this along with your everyday make-up bag.



The shades range in different textures: there are matte, shimmer and glitter. There are 12 colors all in all,  and there is a lot of product in each container. The shades are also highly pigmented, a definite plus!



Out of the first 6 shades, Foxy is my favorite as a brow highlighter. I use it all the time. Chopper and Snakebite are also tops for just swiping on and going. I usually wear both these shades on their own.



On this side, my faves are Suspect and Busted. I combine them together for a more subdued smokey eye you can wear for work.

The shades are creamy and don't crease. You can also build up the intensity of the colors for the sheerer shades.

The NAKED 2 Palette is a must-own for anyone who loves neutrals. Its also perfect for the working person, since you can use a range of colors that are work-appropriate and don't have to go crazy. The neutrals are also versatile for any look you're going for.


I got my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette from Sephora, which retails for only $50.00, but there are a lot of online sellers out there who have this one available in the Philippines!

2 comments:

  1. aaah, I have been planning to get myself a naked palette since last year but because of the price I am still undecided. Will probably saved up more and finally get one! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so so worth it! You will never regret your purchase. The palette is really versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)