Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stop flirting with me, Mr. Jones!

Nothing is more comforting than diner food, don't you agree? I guess it must be the greasy-ness of it all that makes you want to just scarf everything down in 5 minutes.
Here comes Mr. Jones, a "sophisticated" diner that makes all that greasy food classier. Yes it is actually possible to make tapa sosyal!
Last Thursday, my boyfriend and I grabbed dinner here in Greenbelt 5 since I kept hearing so many things about it. Mr. Jones is the brainchild of the people who brought us Chelsea, M Cafe, and MoMo, no wonder the food tastes so good.
I had the Melted Old Bay Crab & Dory Thermidor (Php350) while he had the U.S. Beef Ribcap "Tapa and Garlic Overload" (Php295). The former is like fried fish coated in a creamy sauce . Good thing about the dish is that it doesn't give you the heebie jeebies of cream clogging your arteries with every bite. The latter, seemed to be the favorite of every guy who ordered in the restaurant, because it consisted of an enormous plate of garlic rice, topped with heaping beef slices and large garlic bits (or chips?). I have to say I like this one better than the Thermidor. The sauce underneath all that beef gives the tapa a nice, rich flavor.
We both got drinks, he had a classic A&W rootbeer float (Php150) while I tried the Lemon Lime frozen iced tea (Php110). Warning though, soda costs Php150 a bottle! Yes, that bottle that you buy from the sari-sari store that costs less than Php15. You are definitely better off buying yourself a nice soda float with 2 giant scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Budget for each person? I'd have to say bring around more than Php500 each if you want the whole experience. The resto is definitely for some occasions when you feel like splurging on comfort food. I will definitely return and I'm looking forward to trying out all the other dishes they have!




Photos by Michael Wisniewski and SPOT.PH
Note: This will be my last post in awhile, unless I find something really interesting to blog about, exams are coming up! Sorry guys, thanks for coming and reading these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)