Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscars 2010 Fashion: What I Loved!

I know a lot of blogs out there are doing their yearly Oscars fashion rundown, but I want to keep things simple here and just list down the dresses I like, and throw in a comment or two.

MOST UNFLATTERING CHOICE OF COLOR GOES TO...Amanda Seyfried!

I don't know about you, but maybe she should've gotten a self-tanner before she wore this dress. It just washes her out! Or maybe she could've paired the  gown with an eye-catching lipstick such as a bright red.

NAUBUSAN NA NG TELA AWARD GOES TO...Zoe Saldana

Okay I don't know what she was thinking, obviously she wanted to be unconventional which is why she went for this dress. But come on! The dress looks like it lacked the needed material which is why different fabrics and textures were used. I don't like it at all.

MY DRESS LOOKS FANTASTIC BUT I DID SOMETHING TO MAKE IT LOOK BAD GOES TO...(2 winners, wuhoo!)Miley Cyrus (or is it Billy Ray in a dress? She looks so much like her dad!)

Let's admit it, the dress looks like what Zoe Saldana's dress aspires to be when it grows up. The accessories are working with it, but then Miley strikes a pose and becomes a hunchback. Somebody teach her some posture!

Tina Fey

The dress has a flattering cut on her, but then we see a little pouch hanging around her middle, making her look pregnant, or that she just pigged out a nearby Burger King. 

I LOOK GORGEOUS BECAUSE I HAVE WAVES GOES TO...Jennifer Lopez

J.Lo hasn't had a miss in years, and credit has to go especially to her, she knows what her body type is and she knows what just works! This dress shows us that pastel colors can also be worn by adults. Black can go to the tweens, but colors are a go-to especially in spring.

The actresses I surprisingly loved what they were wearing are:

Meryl Streep

She looks beyond regal in white. We all know that she isn't known for her fashion sense (unless someone is dressing her up in wardrobe for The Devil Wears Prada), but she pulled this off quite nicely.

Rachel McAdams

I don't know if anyone would agree with me on this, but I loved this gown. It just screamed, SPRING!!! Its my fave out of the whole bunch, looks extremely wearable for anyone. I love how its so laid-back but incredibly apt for the occasion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)