Wednesday, November 25, 2009

CBCP Announces that December 8 is NOT a holiday for Catholic Schools

So I was greeted today with the news on our school bulletin board (go figure where I study, I give out enough clues as it is) that the CBCP has apparently declared that December 8, or the Feast of the Immaculate Conception is NOT a holiday for Catholic schools.

First of all, I was very very disappointed. We law students take the chance of every holiday that comes around to have the opportunity to get a bit of rest AND catch up on our readings. Second, isn't the Immaculate Conception a holy day of obligation for all Catholics? The reason it became a holiday was to let the majority population of the Philippines go to church and honor Mother Mary.

All my life I have studied in a Catholic school. This is the 1st time the CBCP has declared it to be a non-holiday just because of the many holidays we have been experiencing. Listen CBCP, it's ONE DAY, not an entire week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)