Sunday, June 21, 2009

Give in to Sweet Surrender :)

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads, papas, and tatays out there! I would personally like to give a shout-out to the greatest man I have ever known in my entire life, who has supported and loved me for the whole 21 years I've been alive. Thanks dad.:D

Anyway back to the entries. My father's day gift to my beloved father is his favorite ice cream cake, what The Sweet Life by Ange calls as 'Sweet Surrender'. This is actually brazo de mercedes but layered with graham crackers, ice cream (oh wow who doesn't love ice cream?), custard and meringue. It comes in 4 flavors, strawberry, vanilla, mango or cheese.

I chanced upon this product while going around the Baker's Dozen fair at Powerplant Mall. My blockmates and I love weaving around and about the booths because most offered free tasting! The Sweet Life always has a booth during weekends when the fair was still there and we would occasionally pop around just to get a small scoop of this heavenly concoction.

What I love about this brazo de mercedes is that its not too puffy. I know that the idea of eating the brazo is basically like eating sweet air but that's really not my thing. The Sweet Life's brazo is subtly flavored, its not nakakasuya nor is it too crusty. Unfortunately when you buy this product you have to take it home and store it in your freezer because it IS ice cream, therefore it will definitely melt.

You can also try The Sweet Life's other products, they have cute-looking cupcakes with adorable names such as Marie Antoinette, which I've tried as well because my friends gave me one for my birthday.:)

Want to check out The Sweet Life by Ange? You can look over their menu at their website: http://thesweetlife.multiply.com


Photos of the products are from the website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)