Tuesday, January 4, 2011

OMAKASE: Cutesy Japanese Dining!

Is it getting too obvious what my second love is aside from make-up? Its going to be another fat year and I know it!

"Omakase" in Japanese literally means, "It's up to you!", and with so many choices on their menu, you're bound to get dizzy from thinking of what to order.


Japanese food has to be on the top of my favorite food list, so invite me anywhere Japanese-y, I'll be there!
This cute little girl greets you on the entryway!

There are various figurines and wallpaper of their mascot, a kawaii little girl decked in a pink kimono.
This one meets you at the dining area upstairs

We ordered the following dishes, nothing too experimental though.
The Sushi Boat! (P295) 

This was my first time trying the sea urchin (that one nestled in the center looking all gooey). Dip it in soy sauce with wasabi and it was good! I never expected that I would like it because I hate gooey food but I really liked this one.

Kani Salad (P80)

I didn't have the chance to try this one because it was pretty small, good for only 1 person. Looks like ordinary kani salad though.

Salmon Sashimi (P170)

You cannot have too much salmon, I say! Very very good--the fish was silky and just slid down my throat. I can gulp this all down in seconds, seriously.

Beef Teppan (P270)

The beef was very tender but the flavor was just okay for me.

Ebi Tempura (5 pcs for P190)

Tempura for me is the same for most Japanese restaurants, but I'm glad this one used tiger prawns. Ultra crunchy and easy to gobble down.

I remember we also ordered the Oyster Butteryaki (P210), but it seems I forgot to take a photo of it. I liked the oysters, didn't taste raw and very yummy!

Omakase isn't exactly high on my list for Best Japanese Restaurant Ever (the winner still remains with Kamameshi), but the food's good and if you're looking for a Japanese restaurant that's good for the buck, you should go here.

Omakase is located at Greenhills Shopping Center, Ground Level, Connecticut Arcade, Greenhills Shopping Complex in Ortigas Ave., Greenhills.

2 comments:

  1. I've been here last year! This place is always jampacked in Greenhills (well, on weekends, at least). Would order the sushi boat next time haha :)

    xoxo hazel
    http://hazelnot.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sea urchin was really surprisingly good! Try it!!! When I went there, ther wasn't that many diners probably because of the Christmas traffic in Greenhills!

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)