Thursday, November 3, 2011

Majolica Majorca Trick On Powder Review


I haven't tried a new eyeshadow palette for some time, but an opportunity presented itself when the Majolica Majorca Trick On Powder was given to me as a gift for my birthday!

The palette is a wee bit smaller than your palm, but there is a lot of product in this one.


The shadows are not extremely pigmented, but color can be built by layering the shadows. I like how smooth they are when applied. I especially love the second shade from the left, because it can be used everyday. Actually the whole palette can be used everyday. Although the shadows look pretty shimmery in their cases, it only reflects a lot of light when applied.


The palette has instructions on how to apply each shadow at the back, and I did the look for my first try:

1) Apply the olive green shadow all over your lid, while leaving your inner corners bare:

2) Take the white shadow on the lower right of the palette and apply it on the inner corners of your eye. Blend the shadow with the green to blur any lines between the two shades. As you can see, the whitish shadow is a bit on the gold side. Extend the white shade to the lower inner lid.

3) Take the upper left beige shadow and apply it on your browbone as a highlight.

4) Using the applicator's narrow end, pat  the pointy tip on the black shadow.

5) Then line your waterline with the black shadow. I smudged it out for a soft look. Also apply some of the black shadow to the upper lashline, from the outside but stopping in the middle.

And now...the finished look:
I just applied 1 coat of mascara in addition to all the shadows.

Here's me wearing the palette the traditional way:
I am so sorry for the wet hair effect, clearly I just got out of the shower when I did the look.
Foundation: Hera HD Founadtion
Lips: Holika Holika Face2Change Dial Gloss
Cheeks: Innisfree Mineral Stick Blush


As you can see, the colors are pretty subtle and you don't really notice the green too much.


The Majolica Majorca Trick On Powder costs P795 and is available in most SM Department stores.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)