Monday, July 6, 2009

Make-up Haul for July!

Here in Pinay Glamourista, I'll be featuring some nice make-up finds that I've purchased and have been using. This will be a monthly thing so I hope I'll be able to come up with nice and affordable stuff that would encourage everyone reading this to try them out!

1) Revlon Beyond Natural Concealer and Highlighter
What I love about this concealer is that it comes with its own highlighter to keep your face looking interesting. Interesting in a dewy, youthful way! This comes in 3 shades, light, light-medium, and medium, so you do not have to worry about your skin tone not matching your concealer. A tip though is that you should get a concealer that's a bit lighter than your skin because it is meant to conceal. I suggest that you test all 3 shades on your skin before buying, don't just listen to what the saleslady is telling you. This costs around PHP700, which I bought at PCX.

2) Red Earth Eye Perfection Primer
Yes you do need an eye primer, and it's not just an extravagance. Using an eye primer is to let your eyeshadow stick more onto your skin, because the color has to have something to cling onto. You get to use less eyeshadow that way, which is best for me because I always go through my favorite colors easily. I've been wanting to get an eye primer since time immemorial, it was only now that I decided to buy one. So far, its great! The compact has a mirror so it's handy. I bought this for around PHP900, at Beauty Bar.

3) The Body Shop Hot Brights Eye Color
Part of The Body Shop's summer collection, they were only selling these for PHP495 and I knew I had to get my hands on one. I bought the one above, because the blue has a really funky shade that comes on a bit lighter than I expected. Still, the color is great and the white above it can be used as a highlighter perfect for the inner corners of your eyes to make them look bigger.

4) The Body Shop's Eye Color in Slate
This eyeshadow is The Body Shop's staple eye color, and the shades look nice and vibrant. A little goes a long way for these babies, so I bought the shade you can see below so I could do different varieties of smokey eye. Yes there are different varieties, you can pump up your smokey eyes by fusing different colors such as blue, green, or even orange to give it a little something extra. The color blends well with other eyeshadows, and it's nice to have a darker shade you can go to just in case you have absolutely no idea on how to do your nighttime make-up. This one retails for around PHP550.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)