Monday, July 27, 2009

Rip those Dante De Guzman posters NOW!!!

As a long-time resident of Quezon City (and part-time Makati), I have been constantly exposed to the various ways a politician uses to put his name out there to the voting public.

Please don't get me started on the bigger Barangay blue and orange signs that litter the corners of the roads. The person's name is actually bigger than the Barangay they are posting. Not only that, but sometimes its a totally unknown person who has his name up there. Who are you?

This has to start with Congresswoman Susano of District II, who brazenly puts up her name in steel letters upon a large arc before one enters Batasan. My dad actually insists that she uses her own money for it, but the thing is, I DON'T CARE. It is a huge eyesore. Take it down!

On the other hand, what irks me the most is a certain Councilor (otherwise known as DANTE DE GUZMAN) who blatantly fills up the entire city from Batasan to around West Avenue with posters of his face announcing his projects to the world. I don't mind if you announce your projects, but please remove your face and make the font of your name smaller. It's so beyond shameless.

Oh don't make me go into the posters he had for a boxing clinic or whatever. You see, I don't even remember what the project is because all I remember is his unclothed upper body and his gloves. Unbelievable!

Not too far behind is his relative, ARLENE DE GUZMAN, who has also resorted to his tactics of posting her picture everywhere. Their posters are making the city very unsightly. Someone should pass a law banning posters when it is not election season.

I am calling out to everyone to join the demand in asking to TAKE THESE DANTE DE GUZMAN POSTERS DOWN! RIP THEM, BURN THEM, VANDALIZE THEM! They pollute Quezon City and are undoubtedly expensive to produce. I know that I am not alone in this cause for I have stumbled upon a worthy group in Facebook who also support it. 

Or if you don't want to resort to these barbaric methods, just do not vote for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)