Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Top Facial Care Needs

I am a firm believer in word-of-mouth opinions about beauty products, so right now I want to contribute to this trend by sharing what I always put on my face. Yes, these have been tested by my own oily-faced self, therefore the list leans towards those who have the same skin as I do.

The products here are actually drugstore brands, since I'm a really cheap person when it comes to everyday use things.

1) Pond's Cold Cream

My "cure-all". I swear I have been using this thing every since I could hold a make-up brush. It has been a part of my cleansing regimen since time immemorial because it does remove everything on your face (ok not to the extent of the waterproof eyeliner, but it does its best)! I also like the fact that it does not leave your skin all dry and rough after taking away your make-up. I like getting the variant which has the lemon extract on it because I like anything that smells citrusy.


2) Clean & Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Scrub

I discovered this facial scrub on my recent trip to the US and it has definitely changed my skin for the better. I always prefer using a scrub over a cleanser because my skin is so oily! I got instant results, my face actually shines less in pictures even without make-up. Seriously! I also love how it smells, since it has lemongrass and fruit extracts. It definitely perks me up in the morning, and believe me, I do need that.

3) Pond's Oil Control Toner

I unfortunately do not have a picture of this, but its easily available in supermarkets so I'm sure you guys will not have a hard time finding it. It comes in a blue bottle. This also absorbs all the oils retained in my face after washing, very gentle, doesn't leave my skin any harsh effects at all. (I also use its facial cleanser counterpart when I don't have the Clean & Clear)

4) Pond’s White Beauty Pinkish-White Glow Visible Lightening Lotion

Were you guys aware that the reason that the Pond's Pinkish White Beauty has a cream and lotion variants was because it catered to different types of skin? I honestly didn't, until I asked the saleslady at Landmark. The lotion is actually for oily skin while the cream is for normal to dry skin. I use this particularly and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It made my skin clear up in just a matter of weeks, and I received "glowing" comments from people. No kidding!

Anyway those are the top 4 products that I use on a daily basis. Care to share yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)