Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tokyo P.O.S.H.: Hair Extensions the Easy Way!

I have always been envious of girls who could grow out their hair without worrying about the heaviness of their hair, and the girls who could always style their hair into big fluffy curls anytime they wanted. I've always wanted to try out those expensive curling procedures in salons just to get these things on my hair.
Because unfortunately, my own set of locks cannot hold a single curl! Yes, not even after a powerful dose of hairspray. You see, the problem is that my hair's just TOO STRAIGHT. Its the extreme version of the too curly hair!

The idea of wearing hair extensions also gave me the heebie-jeebies--I just couldn't imagine spending a mini-fortune to get pieces weaved into your hair. Not only would it take too long, it would also be heavy on the pocket.

Here's where Tokyo P.O.S.H. comes in. They just recently opened up shop in Rockwell, Powerplant Mall and they provide you the possibility of changing your hairstyle whenever you want to.
TOKYO POSH is the first in the Philippines to specialize on put on hair extensions. We all need a change every now and then. From our clothes to the music we listen to, a little bit of variety is great sometimes. So, why should we have the same hairstyle day in and day out? With put on hair extensions, we can look and feel like a new person -- any time we want to. 
Clip-on hair extensions are a temporary way to change your look. Some clip-on hair extensions are small sections of hair attached to metal clips, much like barrettes. This type of clip-on hair extension is not meant to be used alone and you will need at least three or four of them. You simply clip the extension wherever you need added volume or body. Then the hair can be styled as usual. These hair extensions can be either synthetic or natural. 
The shop has a wide variety of styles you can choose from. You can choose from extensions, buns, full wigs, long ponytails, or half wigs. The prices range from P900-P3000.
I have to say I was reluctant in trying out clip-on hair extensions. The image that came to my mind was that if I had it on, it would somehow lose grip on my hair and just fall down, or something would just go wrong!

But my mind changed when I tried it out. And it's so easy to put on! You just...
1) Part your hair into a half pony.
2) Attach your hair extensions with the clips.
3) Shake, blend and go! 
Here's my hair extensions: (I got the Jessica one because its only medium length plus it has reddish streaks)

From the back:
And to the side:
 
What I liked about the hair extensions was that they were super easy to put on and although its made from synthetic hair, it feel really natural. They also come in around 6 shades, so you'll be sure to find the right color even if you've dyed your hair.
By the way, their target is for natural-looking Asian hair, so you won't be finding any blondes, reds or greens in this shop! The length of these hair extensions was up to my chest, so medium is actually longer than it sounds.

The Jessica costs P2550. Payments accepted are only cash though. Visit their website at http://tokyoposh.multiply.com.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for blogging about Tokyo POSH Bea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love tokyo posh! i'm thinking of getting another one soon, maybe a straight one this time!^^

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)