Sunday, December 5, 2010

Books I Love to Read

I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of books that take too long to read (or too deep?). Its probably because I'm already a law student and burdened with reading so much technical law books and cases that I don't think I want to submerge myself in anything that would make me think for my leisure reading, know what I mean?


On the top of my list has to be The Georgia Nicolson series, as I call them, which is written by the absolute top-notch comedy author, Louise Rennison. Talk about addicting, I impatiently wait for each of these books to come out and even buy everything in hardcover!

These books are about a girl named Georgia, who records her daily (crazy) life as a teenager growing up in England. Her adventures are hella funny and very entertaining. I think I started reading these books when I was in high school (let me see, which was around 7 years ago) and I continue to re-read them whenever I can. Whenever I read this, you can always see me laughing out loud--because its just too funny! Although I think you have to appreciate the British comedy angle to like this one.

The series actually has a spin-off named Withering Tights: Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, also written by Rennison but is about Georgia's cousin. I have been racking the local bookstores for ages looking for a copy but to no avail.


Anyway I've also been into a series of books made by Lauren Conrad. If you guys don't know her, she's started out as a reality TV star on the show, The Hills. The series is entitled L.A. Candy, which is actually about the life of Jane Roberts, who moved to Los Angeles with her best friend Scarlett to work in a famous events-planner company and were discovered to star in their own television reality series.

I'm on the third book already and I have to say its an great read! Don't expect anything hard-hitting, but its a fresh take on young adult literature (past all those Gossip Girls-over-privileged girls series) and I do encourage anyone to give it a try. I tried reading L.A. Candy because I just needed another book to read, saw this at the local bookstore and voila! Now I've gobbled up all the books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)