Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Charlie's Grind & Grill: Comfort Food at It's Fatty Best!

My boyfriend has been telling me to try this burger place called Charlie's for the longest time ever (since its located so near his house), but since I'm not a burger person, I would usually decline.

But on one fateful day I was immensely craving a fatty midnight snack and came across so many blogs heaping praises on the food. Without any hesitation, I called my boyfriend up and headed over to Charlie's!

I was so so happy because they had buffalo wings (most favorite thing to munch on at night) on the menu! They also have an array of burgers, milkshakes, cheese steaks and sandwiches to choose from. They also offer cold American Premium beers! Midnight snack perfect-ness!

I got myself a Chocolate Milkshake (P150) because I was feeling extra fatty that night. Its basically Hershey's chocolate syrup blended with vanilla ice cream. How'd I know? I saw them making it. I had to remove the cherry (I don't eat them) but everything else tasted excellent.

Boyfriend had the Black Angus Burger with Fries which costs P175. Charlie's bestseller and a must-try for anyone who first visits the restaurant.
I found the burger really good, which is a huge deal coming from me, a non-burger person. It was tender and very flavorful. They serve the burger with the top bun to the side.

I had a Half-dozen Buffalo Wings (Hot) for P170. Hot is actually their mildest hot flavor. I'll probably try the next level next time I visit because the spicy factor of this one was pretty mild. They serve it with blue cheese and veggie sticks--thought this was a good idea because the carrots, celery and singkamas offset the spiciness of the chicken.
 
The wings had a lot of meat--so good I was able to finish 5 wings all in all. I think attempting to eat all 6 would've made me too full already. The skin was excellent, it retained its crispyness plus there were no signs of soggy buffalo wings here!

Also got an extra basket of fries (P60). These are 100% hand-cut! Very good but really filling. I had to put in a bit more salt to enjoy them.


This was a definite bang for buck! There's no service charge and the service was good. I haven't experienced the crowd that most share when they eat there, but I will definitely be coming back and trying their cheese steak next time.

Charlie's Grind & Grill is located at 16 East Kapitolyo Drive, Pasig City.

How to get there: Charlie's can be found along the road where Cafe Juanita is located. You need to drive past Cafe Juanita, Three Sisters and Good Burger. You have to park in front of the car wash or have your car washed. :) I'm always having a hard time scheduling a car wash because I felt it's a waste of time. But now I have a good reason to do it -- to enjoy the best burgers in town. (courtesy of OUR AWESOME PLANET)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this review... now i know what to order on my first visit and their prices! :) It's affordable pala! I just live near the area and ignore this new place kasi akala ko mahal... excited to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! i'll be trying it out again soon because i want to try their cheesesteak!
    the pasig area actually has a lot of good places to eat in, i envy you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)