Sunday, February 21, 2010

RA 8491: Otherwise known as the law Adidas could be sued for

Remember my previous entry wherein I said that there was a law that prohibited wearing the flag? I finally found it the law:

RA 8491: AN ACT PRESCRIBING THE CODE OF THE NATIONAL FLAG, ANTHEM, MOTTO, COAT-OF-ARMS AND OTHER HERALDIC ITEMS AND DEVICES OF THE PHILIPPINES

So in Sec. 34, it is prohibited to "...e) To wear the flag in whole or in part as a costume or uniform;"

I have yet to find out whether its literally wearing the Philippine flag OR if it also applies to even its colors (or when you try to make it look like you're wearing a flag?).


See the law here. What do you think?

My friend told me that it includes "representation of the flag", so it looks like its part of it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything on your mind? Let me know!:)